Sunday, April 20, 2008

My First Game!


This past weekend I attended my first Husker baseball game ever. They were playing The Kansas Jayhawks. We were sitting on the burm in left field at the beautiful Haymarket Park. It was one of the nicest day's of the year so far, the wind was calm, the sun was shinning and temperature was just right. I went with my two cousins from Beatrice and met up with a few friends of mine when we got there. It was a packed house and we ended up standing for 90 percent of the game.
The Huskers started off kind of slow in the game and let the Jayhawks get out to an early lead, but soon Mitch Abeita came up to bat with the bases loaded and hit a grand slam. The ball was caught by a tall bald man about fifteen feet to my left. Once the ball cleared the fence the crowd erupted and the momentum soon changed in favor of the Huskers.
This was an amazing time and I regret not going to a game before that. I plan to attend the game with my friends this Tuesday when the Huskers will host their rivals from Omaha, Creighton Blue Jays.

No comments: